During this hands-on street photography workshop you will learn the art of street photography, both in theory and in practice. The small group of 6 students is just the right size for having an intimate group dynamic as well as personal one on one time with Ouria. This will enable tremendous growth for you as a photographer in the areas you would like to improve.
The group provides for a warm and embracing environment for which will include photo critique and reviews, coupled with a small class for theory and history lessons.
We will meet on Sunday, March 13th late morning for check – in to the apartment. We will then start our workshop with the opening lunch out in busy Taksim Square where the first session will take place. Every day we will be out early in the morning to photograph the amazing city waking up, then explore a different part of the city all day.
Each session will have two students partaking in a one hour one-on-one lesson to work on their personal objectives and photographic goals. Simultaneously the rest of the group is working on assignments. This will insure that each and every one of you maximizes their learning.
Every evening we review our photos and see a slideshow on some of the masters of street photography from the history and present.
On the last evening together we will celebrate with a slideshow of our own photographs.
I would highly recommend a photographer spend as many days as possible with Ouria. Each day I felt I improved.
Joel D. Davidson on our 1-on-1 workshop. click here to read what others think about the workshop.
What will you learn ?
The workshop is made for photographers who know how to operate their camera and edit their photos. You will learn the following:
- A brief history of the art and the masters of Street Photography.
- Light and Composition and using them on the street.
- How to photograph people in the street – different approaches to street photography.
- How to blend in the environment and become invisible.
- Choose the right camera and lens for the right assignment.
- How to see photos before they happen and be ready for them.
- How to choose your best photos and what to do with them.
- Photo processing for the street photographer.
After the 4 days intensive workshop you will:
- Know your camera much better than you do now and it will be an extension of your eye and hand.
- Feel comfortable walking on the streets and taking photos on your own.
- Know how to choose the best streets on every city to explore with your camera (most likely the are not written in the Lonely Planet guide)
- Have 5 new friends that share your passion to Street Photography!
The cost of the workshop is US$655/599€ and includes the guidance fee and accommodation. price does not include travel to Istanbul, insurance, food and other expenses.
We will share a large apartment, each has their own bedroom. the living room and kitchen are spaces where we will do our theory and history classes and photo reviews. Accommodation is covered in the workshop’s price.
Istanbul is known for its fastest growing public transport system in Europe, we will explore that system as we move from one part of the city to another. Public transportation is not covered in the workshop’s price.
We will have a kitchen in the apartment, so we will have shared breakfast every day before we leave for morning session.Lunch and dinner we’ll eat out in one of thousands of local restaurants. Cost of food is not included in the workshop’s price.
For registration and more details leave your email here and I will get back to you: